Whatever He Does Prospers!!

Whatever He Does Prospers

--Ps 1:3

What a promise. As I was reading this sentence the word “Whatever” hit me strongly. What if some one promises you that “whatever” you do from today you will prosper? Won’t you leap with joy? Whatever seems like an unconditional promise. But this “Whatever” is not for “Whoever”. It’s for the “He”. Who does this He refer to? He refers to the person who mediates the Word of God day and night. He delights in the law of the Lord. Mediating and Delighting go hand in hand. When you don’t delight in something, you don’t mediate it. When you don’t mediate, you won’t delight.

Have a look these examples from David.

Psalms 119

15 I meditate on your precepts

and consider your ways.

16 I delight in your decrees;

I will not neglect your word

23 Though rulers sit together and slander me,

your servant will meditate on your decrees.

24 Your statutes are my delight;

they are my counselors.

47 for I delight in your commands

because I love them.

48 I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love,

and I meditate on your decrees.

77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,

for your law is my delight.

78 May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause;

but I will meditate on your precepts.

Did you see that? The words “Delight” and “Meditate” go hand in hand.

Not only he meditates but he “Does” something. I mean “He” is the doer of the word. Once you start to meditate you start to do since the word of God calls us to action. Word of God is not passive but an active one. The Words of Jesus always call us to action. While he walked on earth, didn’t you hear him say these words of action. Follow me, Come, Take up the cross, Roll away the stone, Fill the jars with water, Give them something to eat and the list goes on. A man who really mediates will really be a man who does things. “He” is a doer.

Whatever He does prospers. Though the 1st (Whatever) and last (Prospers) words in the sentence makes our eyes pop out, the words “He” and “Does” challenges us and calls us to action. Let us “Delight”, “Meditate” and “Do” so that we will “Prosper” in “Whatever” we do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let Your Tears Fall

Riches to Rags - The Story of Christmas

Love Test!!